Friday, August 15, 2008

Let Them Eat Cake

Today I scheduled my first (two) cake tastings! I can't tell you how freaking excited I am. I am a total cake fanatic. I even took a Wilton class at my local Michael's so I could make birthday cakes for the kids in my life. When my niece got married a few weeks ago, I made her three tiered wedding cake AND the grooms cake. I even got upset last spring when she called to tell me that the girl who was co-hosting her baby shower with me was going to buy a cake for the event - I was that dead-set on making the cake for her shower.
Since Jakob and I are planning a trip to Estes Park on the 26th, we decided we'd check out a couple of bakeries that are on the way. I made a couple of phone calls today to schedule our consultations. One place lets you taste from whatever they have baked, but the other one (Haute Cakes in Boulder, CO) has an online menu that we got to choose from. We were told to pick three options, so I perused their selections. The first two were easy to pick, but I was having trouble deciding between numbers 3 and 4 on my list. When I called the owner, Kim to ask a few question before giving them our final selections, she told me not to worry about choosing - we could taste all 4! I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.
Don't worry - LOTS of photos will be taken and I'll be writing about our favorites from our first round of cake tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment