Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm a Bonehead

As promised, today I will tell you the story of what is perhaps the most embarrassing thing I've done thus far while planning my wedding. I posted a crappy photo of my engagement ring that I took myself a while back. It's a white gold euro band with four channel set princess cut diamonds on each side of a princess cut diamond, flanked by four round diamonds on each side - in a square pattern. The princess diamond is set on an angle, which I love because it's so unique.

A few weeks after Jakob proposed, I was at work and looked down at my ring and realized one of the round diamonds was no longer there. Of course my first reaction was to freak out, then I remembered he got the extended protection plan (smart cookie, I say) so I called the jeweler and they told me bring it in and they'd fix it no problem. Apparently one of the prongs had just broken right off. I got it back in a day or two, and it was good as new - better than new I guess.

A few weeks after I got it back, I had this crazy dream that ALL of the stones fell out of my ring. The next day, I stopped at the jeweler and made them check all of the settings. Yeah, they probably thought I was crazy, and Jakob laughed at me. He even made me tell his friends the story and they laughed at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment