Thursday, September 4, 2008

STD Fever

We have STDs! (Save the Dates, that is.) The ever-so-wonderful FedEx man delivered them early yesterday morning while I was at my management meeting. Jakob was just opening them when I got home. Normally, I would be putting a photo of what they look like right here:


But since today I sent out a mass email letting friends & family know about the existence of this blog, I will not be posting pictures of them. I want everyone to see them for the first time when they open the envelope. Instead, I will tell you we ordered them from Favors You Keep and show you some other designs we considered before deciding on the one I'm so happy about.

This one was just too cute. If the two dogs looked like Max & Simba, I would have been all over this design.


When I was little I secretly wanted to be a mermaid when I grew up, but in the end, we decided against this one. While Jakob loves to scuba dive, I have a huge fear of drowning, so we felt it would have been an inaccurate representation of us. Yeah, I don't know how I planned to reconcile the drowning thing with being a mermaid - although if you think about it, it's impossible for a mermaid to drown, so it's the perfect career move for me!


This one was a close second. It's a cartoon rendering of the Denver skyline. Since we haven't been residents of Denver for long, we honestly don't know what a lot of the elements in this one are, and figured someone was bound to ask us, "Hey, what's that?" In the end, our inability to answer that potential question was what made us scratch this one off the list.

Favors You Keep makes the whole customization process super easy. You figure out whether you want black and white or color cartoons, choose you design, paper color, ink color, type in your wording, and you're done! (If you opt for color cartoons, it also allows you to customize your hair color & skin tone) After we placed our order, we received an email saying they needed to move a word or two down a line, so they sent us a free email proof to approve before printing them.

Are you doing something a little unconventional for your save the dates?

No comments:

Post a Comment