Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Opposites Game

We've finally decided on a baker. In my last post, I told you a little about Colorado Rose Cake Company, our vendor of choice. I love that their cakes are four layers of cake with three layers of filling. That definitely makes their cakes stand out among the competition. The best part is we didn't have to make all the decisions about what we wanted for our wedding cake that day. it's a good thing, because I don't think I could have! Going into our meeting, I planned on an ivory cake (to match my dress) with lavender ribbon (to match my bridesmaids' dresses). I pictured something like this:

I also wanted some simple scrollwork just above the ribbon. I was sure I knew exactly what I wanted and there would be no changing my mind.
Then I saw these:
China Lace
I love how the design on this one covers the top of each tier and folds down over the sides. Instead of chocolate icing, we would go with lavender or platinum (ish) icing.
White Mountains
How perfect would this be for our Rocky Mountain wedding? It would definitely be a unique cake.
So you tell me. . . which cake should we go with - the elegant China Lace or the rustic White Mountains?

No comments:

Post a Comment