Wednesday, October 8, 2008

DIY Invitations

We finally settled on an invitation suite. I told you about the ones I loved but couldn't justify the price. I thought about designing them from scratch, actually was pretty set on that. But in the end, we decided to buy invitation kits from Michaels. Yeah, that's right. . . the arts & crafts place. They're not really what I had in mind from the start, but I like them - a lot. They're simple & elegant and, let's face it - at the end of their journey from box to printer to envelope to guest, they'll probably be tossed in the trash. (Shh, don't tell them that!)
"So what do they look like?"
This:

I didn't bother blurring out names or any other information since this is just a photo of the example invite that comes with the kit.
Of course, they come completely disassembled. I'll post step-by-step instructions as we assemble them along with tips on how you can customize or create a similar design from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment